Friday, July 16, 2010

Think About This



Most of you think it's very important that people think you're mature, pure and spiritual.  I would suggest it's far more important that they know you're not. We're so worried that our Christian witness will be hurt by our lack of obedience. That's not true. Our witness will be hurt by a pretense of obedience. I don't think I ever met a person who found Christ because a Christian was pure and righteous. More often it makes them think that this thing is only for good people. As I understand it, we are only beggars who have found bread, pointing other beggars to the place where we found it. Disobedience hardly ever turns people from Christ. Dishonesty always does.
(Author unknown)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments, anyone? I'd love to hear your point of view.