Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ruminations Of a Spiritual Stumble-bum

  • I am a recovering Pharisee.
  • Is it just me, or do Christian bumper stickers sound incredibly smug?
  • My first response to suffering is hardly ever (okay, never) to high five everyone around me, much less to fall on my knees and thank God for my tribulations.
  • I love it when I fall asleep with headphones on and, in the middle of the night, I'm awakened by a song which causes my heart to yearn for God. It's as if He's nudging me and saying, "Listen . . . they're playing our song!"
  • I'm suspicious of people who use the phrase, Praise the Lord, more often than "I'm sorry," or "Please forgive me."
  • I know less than I did as a child.
  • I'm humbled when I run across a verse of Scripture which is perfect for someone I've been meaning to rebuke, and the Holy Spirit says, "Nope: take a good look in the mirror." Oops!
  • We're all stumble-bums in need of grace.

1 comment :

Comments, anyone? I'd love to hear your point of view.